Want to feel unbelievably old?
It’s been 30 years since the Coreys, Feldman and Haim, were introduced in a little vampire flick known as The Lost Boys. It was a time before vampires glittered and to be undead involved a genuine lust for blood The Lost Boys gathered a cult status due to the *dreamy* cast of faces and lines that continue to not just get repeated, but also get tattooed time and time again!
Yes, the movie was campy and sometimes a little corny, but vampire movies changed after The Lost Boys and paved the way mainstream vampire flicks such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Interview with a Vampire and i guess sadly… Twilight! Sigh…
Because when it’s all said and done… “One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach; all the damn vampires”.
1. While this is the first movie together, the two Coreys would go on to appear in 12 movies together.
I made a little David, from lost bous yesterday… (flipped the iconic camp fire image) Done on a local #northampton tattooer! Thanks @Romanempireart! Also thanks @kiefersutherland for being an iconic and rad vampire from my youth. #thelostboys #vampire #vampiretattoo #whatyoudontlikerice #Northamptonma #noho #masstattoonetwork #blackandgreytattoo #blackandgreyrealism #blackandgray #bnginksociety #peakneedles #redemptiontattoocare #stencilstuff @peakneedles @redemptiontattoocare @niteowltattoomass @niteowl_tattoo_furniture @eternalink
2. THE HORROR! It was originally inspired by Peter Pan, but got a sexy makeover…
3. The sax player’s real name is Timmy Cappello and he’s a classically trained musician who spent years touring with Tina Turner.
4. There was almost a sequel called The Lost Girls… SHUDDER
5. The names of the Frog brothers, Edgar and Alan, are obviously a reference to the classic writer of horror fiction, Edgar Allan Poe.
6. The Lost Boys is where “vamp out” came from. It was then adopted by Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
7. “The merry-go-round sequence foreshadows the order in which the Lost Boys die. Marko dies first, Paul second, Dwayne third and David last.”
Had a blast tattooing this #lostboys tattoo yesterday!!! Thanks Vamp!!! #Love #tattoos #tattoo #asylum #asylumstudios #asylumstudiostattoos #roanoke #roanokeva #roanoketattoo #danieljonestattoos #danieljones #roanoke #roanokeva #roanoketattoo #starcity #ink #lostboystattoo #color #colortattoo o. #youmustfeed
8. Michael is said 118 times during the movie!
9. David is impaled by a pair of antlers and doesn’t disintegrate like the other vampires. This was so he could return in the sequel!
10. The Santa Cruz chamber of commerce was not keen on reliving the “Murder capital” moniker, which had been hung on Santa Cruz during a serial killer’s rampage in the 1970s.
11. In the documentary Bloodsucking Cinema (2007), Corey Haim said that all the blood had glitter in it to give it a shimmering effect and was “slimier than other fake blood.”
12. In Max’s video store, you can see a single copy of The Goonies (1985), which also starred Corey Feldman.
13. The movie was filmed in only three weeks.
Lost boys noodles! Thanks @sophieeeroseee #tattoo #tattoos #tattooflash #tattoodesign #drawmore #tattooapprentice #vaudeville #vaudevilletattooco #traditional #trad #neotraditional #neotrad #sheffieldtattoo #tattoolookbook #tattoolove #colour #colourtattoo #uktattoo #linework #lostboys #lostboystattoo
14. Every year at the landmark Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, California, The Lost Boys is screened as part of the park’s free summer movie series.
15. Santa Cruz in Spanish means Holy Cross… appropriate!
16. According to the writers, the character name of Lucy was chosen to reflect with Lucy Westernra, from Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
17. Jim Carrey was considered for the role of David. He previously portrayed a vampire in the film Once Bitten (1985).
18. Billy Wirth‘s character Dwayne is never actually mentioned by his name.
19. Even though Star is a half-vampire, we never see her in her vampire form.
20. Can someone please explain how a couple small canteens filled by the boys at the church could fill a bath tub?
The Lost Boys original trailer is still a classic!
Love movies? Check out these movie tattoos: Harry Potter, X-Files or Predator!